Wednesday 7 March 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Paper Installation

First lesson:

Final installation:
We used a wide range of techniques such as drawing images to stick onto the background/ hang from above, scrunched up tissue paper for the sun, bushes and trees, flat sheets of tissue paper to make up the grass and sky, cotton wool for clouds, different types/colours of paper folded to make 3D buildings and some origami.

Parts I made:
I made the bushes, sun, a tree and a few buildings made out of folded graph paper.

This piece below inspired our installation as it has a variety of 3D and 2D parts, hanging pieces and background images.


I like this idea as a lot of detail is needed to make it look good and it is fun to do. I wouldn't want to develop this idea for my final poster though because I don't think it would work as well on a poster and I prefer the idea of doing a 2D drawing piece.

1 comment:

  1. The paper installation your were involved in creating looks great but remember you were asked to review your installation also - see the
    blog post for this lesson to help you with this.

    ReplyDelete