Tuesday 20 March 2012

Unit 2, encounters, experiences and meetings: Initial ideas

Stamp ideas:
This page is based on ideas that I could use to create a set of different stamps, I based the sheet around America/New York. My main idea is to use the style of Julene Harrison (detailed paper cut outs) to create simple images of New York, such as the statue of liberty, out of paper which I could then possibly spray paint over or leave as they are. I added some images of different stamps from around the world and stuck a few stamps onto the page to help give me inspiration and see what different techniques are used mostly to create stamps. I also drew out three basic/initial ideas for some stamps, including a cartoon styled skyline design, and two sketches of American landmarks.

Postcard ideas:
This sheet is based on ideas for creating a set of  different postcards, I based this on London. I used the artists Hennie Haworth and Zoe More O'Ferrall for inspiration as the images I've chosen to add to the page are based around different cities, including London. They also both mainly use fine liners and pens for there designs to make the detailed images clearer and neater. I added three of my initial ideas that I could use, one based around the London underground map with small drawings of landmarks, another with different landmarks/transport and typography and finally one with a few major landmarks layered up on each other.

Poster ideas:
This sheet is on different ideas for creating a set of posters, I based this on Kenya. My main idea on this sheet is to use a painting styled piece, I got inspiration from Danny Alison and Andy Potts as they both use this technique for most of there work. I added a few sketches of different African animals, transport and village huts that i could use within my final posters. I also added a few pictures of wildlife that I had taken from my trip to Kenya and added some African styled patterns in the background to help give me inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. You have shown a wide breadth of ideas here and have made great links to artists and designers well done! Perhaps you could conclude the post explaining which idea you intend to develop for your final designs

    ReplyDelete