Monday 5 December 2011

Unit 1, Retail Graphics Project: Illustrator logo experiments

I used different tools, colours, shapes, fonts etc, to experiment with different ideas and to help give me inspiration for my final logo.


One- I used the line tool to create the lightening blot shape. I typed each letter separately, in the font Myriad Pro, so it was easier to adjust the positioning .
Two- I used the Calibri font for my shop name and changed the outline colour to grey to give it more of an effect. I then added an outline of a city I created using the line tool behind the text.
Three- I created a rectangle shape, added a gradient to the fill, so I could then place the text over the top and use the clipping mask tool. Next i used the same city outline from the previous logo, used the rotate tool, dragged the point of roation to the place i wanted, set the angle to 20 degrees and copied it around the point until it reached the original position.
Four- I used the same text from the first logo idea, grouped it and added effects-3D- extrude and bevel.
Five- I used the same city outline as in previous ideas, this time adding windows with the rectangle tool. I then added the shop name three times underneath in  different font styles; 1- american typwriter, 2- Jass LET plain: 1.0, 3-stencil.
Six- I typed out my shop name in font Tahoma, i changed the colour to navy blue and added; effect-stylize-scribble.

No comments:

Post a Comment