Tuesday 20 November 2012

Ken Taylor Analysis


This print is a T-shirt design made for any forty x t-world website by Ken Taylor. Ken Taylor is an illustrator and designer from Australia who works within the music industry and is known for his rock posters. He started off creating posters and album artwork for local bands and in 2006 started full time work on music based artwork. I chose to analyse this piece because I would like to use something similar for my posters and t-shirt design and also because the artists work relates to my project.
I looked at Ken Taylor's website to further my understanding of the work and to learn more about the artist himself. The theme of the work is grunge clothing, I can tell because the artist style is rock music and grungy looking illustrations. 
It was most likely hand drawn first and then edited in photoshop or illustrator to make the final vector image design. The artist has used a black background to make the illustration stand out and so there is a strong contrast. 




No comments:

Post a Comment