Thursday 7 March 2013

Exhibition review


We visited the Photographers gallery in London to view the Laura Letinsky, Geraldo de Barros and the Perspectives on collage exhibitions. 






Laura Letinsky is a photographer that lives and works in Chicago. She is also a professor for the visual arts department at the University of Chicago. This exhibition featured her new series of work, III Form and Void Full that incorporates many different paper cut outs that are composed in an obscure way.

Peggy Franck's collage placed in the middle of the floor made you appreciate it more as you have a birds eye view of it and you can see it from many different perspectives. This helps set a mood and makes it become less of a piece of work and more of an expression.

Laura Letinsky's work was set in a white room as it makes the prints blend in with it making them become part of the wall, so that the colour images become key. She has used glassless frames as the glass would take away from the natural feel of the work and would place a barrier in-between the viewer and the work. 

These are my two favourite pieces of work:





These are my two least favourite pieces of work:




Overall I enjoyed the exhibition as I found it really inspiring as there were so many different collage techniques. I didn't find it was very relevant to my exam project as it didn't relate to the theme, Inside outside and in-between or typography. I would like to try out some of the collage techniques within my work, but for my photography course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment