Sunday 10 March 2013

Calligrams



For this experiment I drew out a few different objects that relate to the exam theme of inside, outside and in-between. Using a piece of tracing paper placed above the drawing I drew out these words within the object so that when the tracing paper was removed the typography would make up the shape of the object. I like using this technique but I don't think it worked very well for this theme as the words that I can use are very limited. a Possible improvement to these experiments would be to add colour, which may make it easier to tell what the object is. 


These were inspired by Oscar Wilson, an calligram artist that I looked at during the AS year. Here is an example of his work:


I came up with this idea as I felt it might be quite effective with things like the lemon, world and sandwich that have an inside, outside and in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment