Tuesday 10 January 2012

Unit 1, Retail Graphics Project: Final Package



For the background of my net I flicked black ink across a piece of paper with a paint brush. I then scanned it in and cropped out certain parts that i wanted to add to each section of my net. For the next layer i added a range of different sized circles/rings varying in black or navy that i had created in Adobe Illustrator. For the final layer i added in my city scape, that i previously made for my logo, across the top part of my net which i filled in navy as well as the side. I also added windows that i cut out with a craft knife once i had printed my net out and mounted it on white card.

Since the theme of my shop is Urban I decided to type this into Google to help give me inspiration for my box design.

One- The rough look and the paint splashes gave me the inspiration for my textural background to my box.

Two- The look of the circles/rings in the picture inspired me to feature it in my own design.

Three- This shoe box net idea had the biggest impact on my own design, as it is an unusual, clever and unique idea.

The surface design of my box relates to my urban themed clothes shop as urban culture is the way of life in towns and cities and the main feature of my logo/box is a city scape.

I decided to remake my final box so I could make a few changes to improve it. First I needed to make the box cover a few millimetres wider and higher so the main box could slide in and out without any difficulty. I also added some acetate behind the windows I cut out from the top of the box so the product inside will be protected. I drew a picture of a pair of shoes in the inside of the box to show that when the product is inside you will be able to look through and see it.



I also added some information about the product/shop, such as the web address along the side of the box, the size of the product and price on the back. As well as the recycling logo, bar code and another image of the shop logo. This will help promote business for the shop and tell the customer more about the product.







No comments:

Post a Comment