Friday 20 January 2012

Unit 1, Retail Graphics Project: Swing Tag Development

Next I took my four favourite ideas and created them on the computer using illustrator as well as creating some new ideas that I came up with.


I decided to add a second layer to most of my swing tag ideas as it would allow the second layer to contain any information about the product. For one of my new ideas I chose keep it as one piece but give it a fold so it has two layers. The other was the same idea but instead of having a fold I made them two separate pieces.
My least favourite ideas were the one layer rectangle design as it is too simple and quite boring to look at. The second is the two piece city scape design as it is too delicate and wont hold much information on it. Lastly the city scape folded over onto the background as it doesn't stay flat and will be damaged more easily.

I then took my Three final ideas and experimented with printing them out on brown paper. However the coloured ink doesn't show up as well so the effect isn't as good and the colours/material doesn't match well with my shoe box.


I also experimented with using thin white material to make them. For the tag on the left I used a tea bag to stain it a light brown colour and I also added a piece of card behind the tag on the right. 
Since I didn't have the right equipment to be printing on the material I had to draw my designs on by hand which was a lot harder to do and didn't look as good. The design on the left was the hardest because of the city scape being difficult to cut out, therefore the edges of the material are quite messy.


I then chose my favourite idea and developed the surface design of it in Adobe Illustrator.



My least favourite out of these designs was the top right as it is too plain and simple and also the bottom one as the black rings are barely visible on the blue background.

No comments:

Post a Comment