Monday 3 December 2012

Hennie Haworth Analysis


This illustration is made by Hennie Haworth, for Annabelle magazine's summer special, based around Italy. Hennie Haworth is a freelance illustrator that lives and works in London, after she studied illustration at brighton university. I chose to analyse this piece as I am looking to create something similar.
I looked at Hennie Haworth's website to find what the work was made for and to also find out some more information about her. The theme of the work is Summer and Italy, I knew this because the colours used are happy, summery colours, it was made for a magazines summer special, it said on her website that it was based around Italy and the illustrations all relate to Italy in some way. 
Pens and pencils have been used to draw the illustrations, some have been coloured in but others are left as outlines. They have then been scanned into the computer and layered up on each other to get this effect. The circle in the middle with the writing has been made on the computer, most likely in illustrator. Bright, fun colours have been used to represent the summer theme. 
I like this artists work as it gives a fun element to the designs and the little illustrations are really detailed and I like the way she uses different materials to create them. The colours used also make it look really stylish. I would like to use the idea of using lots of different illustrations and building them up in Photoshop or Illustrator for my final poster.


Here are some more examples of her work:

No comments:

Post a Comment