Friday 28 December 2012

David Reno Analysis


David Reno is a Graphic designer from Brazil. The design is a piece of typography made for a T-Shirt that may be sold in shops etc. I have chosen to look at this piece as I want to make a similar kind of T-shirt for my music festival brief. 
The theme of the artwork is music/typography, I know this as it is a simple design that contains a quote about music in a big font. The designer could have got inspiration from a song or a quote from someone. 
The designer probably used a heat press to print the design onto the t-shirt. To create the typography he would've used a program like Illustrator. He uses three bold colours within the typography, that have a strong contrast between them using a different colour for each line. The t-shirt is plain white so that the typography stands out from it and so that the colours are all seen as he intended.
My first reaction to the piece is that it is a bit plain because there is a lack of detail and depth to the design but the bold colours used still make it effective as it stands out well. I like this design and would like to use a similar technique for my own, however I would like to add in more detail to make it more exciting as it is being made for a music festival. 

Another t-shirt design similar to this is the Frankie says relax t-shirt below:


This is another plain design that features a quote on the front in a big bold font. However this design had no colour added to it to make it stand out or look more attractive it is kept as simple as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment