Tuesday 24 April 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Review of Ideas

Since the start of the project I have decided to create 5 posters for my final piece and I have chosen to base them on Kenya. After doing the lino printing experiment, which i enjoyed, I was thinking of using the same idea for my final idea but I decided that I would like to do something more complex by using more than one technique with in the poster ideas..


From experimenting with different techniques and materials I found out what I liked, disliked and what I wanted to experiment further with. For example I liked using the lino printing technique, disliked the felt tip ideas and wanted to develop the spray painting technique further. This helped me decide that I wanted to take a multi media approach to my work to improve it and make it more exciting.

Looking at the work of different artists/designers has helped give me inspiration and ideas on how to develop my work. For example I have looked at the work of Danny Alison and used some of the techniques he uses in his work in my own. I also looked at the work of Chris Ede and Miles Donovan which I then used to help inspire my own ideas for my work. 



 I hope to develop my ideas further as I am not 100% happy with them at the moment. I need to experiment with adding to the basic picture I have used for my work at the moment to make it more interesting and skilful. I also plan on researching Danny Alison's work further and learning more skills to use in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment