Thursday 26 April 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Poster Development

These are my developed ideas for the posters:



To create these posters I used my handmade drawings, typography, textures and photos that I then edited in Photoshop. To create the handmade drawings I used a thick black felt tip to draw the outlines before scanning them in, once they were in Photoshop I then decided whether to add fill to them or not. I used lots of different layers containing different objects to build up to this effect using different blending effects such as multiply- to make any white areas around the objects disappear. I also changed the opacity of some layers so that they would be less visible or to let other colours show through. I applied the dry brush effect to each photograph separately and then used the eraser tool to get rid of the background before pasting them into a new layer in the poster design. The background layer of this design was made using different coloured inks and acrylic paints that I watered down before adding to the paper, I then sprinkled salt over the top and waited for it to create this unique pattern.
The ink/paint splash effects in these posters don't look very effective at the moment as they don't blend in with the animals and look out of place. I would like to develop this idea to look more like the technique Danny Alison uses for his work, to make the animals flow in with the rest of the picture.

These are my own drawings that I used to create these posters:

I chose different patterns and objects that relate to my travel/African theme such as an air plane, camera and African symbols.



No comments:

Post a Comment