Wednesday 18 April 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Textures

These are some textural ideas that I could use within my poster.

acrylic paint and sponge roller:
This technique gives a good rough/grunge effect that could be added into the background.

Charcoal experiments:

I don't like this technique as much as the others because it looks quite messy and wouldn't work well in the background or added to any layers in my poster.

Blue spray paint:
I like this idea but I don't think it would work as well within my poster because it would probably look out of place.

2 colours of acrylic paint and scrunched up tissue:

I like this technique as it gives an effective grunge/rough/messy look and would look effective as a border around the poster to give it extra depth.

Watered down acrylic paint and inks, with salt sprinkled over the top to give this effect:


This technique is my favourite as it gives such a unique effect and goes well with my African theme. Also the bright orange/yellow colours will look good in the background of the poster to make it more colourful and attractive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment