Thursday 19 April 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Illustration Development

These are some ideas for techniques I could use for my final posters.


 For this idea I used the two sponge textural backgrounds which I layered on top of each other in Photoshop and applied the artistic- cut out effect to my elephant image. I used the similar technique to Chris Ede to create this piece. I could develop this technique by adding more scenery, effects and layers onto the image. I would like to develop this idea and possibly use it within my final piece.


I used my lino print that I have previously made, opened up my rhino picture in Photoshop and erased the background. I then placed the rhino image under the lino print and used the clipping mask tool to get the rhino shape cut out into the lino print, finally I added a black fill to the background. I like this idea but I don't think it is good enough to use for my final piece.


I used my lino print again for this idea but this time with in the background and I edited the colour of it so its not as powerful. I also used the sponge texture as a layer into the background to add some colour and added my picture of giraffes that I have erased the background from and applied the threshold effect to. I don't like this idea as much as the previous ones so I won't use it for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment