Monday 9 April 2012

Unit 2, Encounters, experiences and meetings: Illustration Experimentation

For this experiment I used different colours of paper that I ripped out of magazines to then create the pictures with a collage effect. I chose to try out this effect as it doesn't seem as commonly used compared to other techniques and I thought it might work quite well to give a bold effect to my drawings.



I think the second picture of the rhino was more effective than the lions because it has a more basic shape and doesn't need as much detail added to it. It was also harder to match the shape of the lions so that it can still be easily recognized. From a distance both of these ideas stand out and look much better.
I wouldn't choose to develop this idea further as I don't think worked as well as I would have liked and its only really effective when creating less detailed pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Katie you are completely up to date with the project and the work you have completed so far looks brilliant.

    The experimental work (like the piece in this post!) is looking fantastic, you've experimented with a good range of materials. To improve these posts you must reflect upon the work you have made and comment on the following:

    - What material/technique have you used and why?
    - how successful has the experiment been?
    - do you want to develop this material/technique further? why?
    - if appropriate you should include a step-by-step explanation of how to do something (This would be relevant for example for your spray painting experiment)

    Also make sure you read the comments we have left so far as this will give you points to improve upon! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete