Friday 12 October 2012

Album artwork development

From my initial ideas I chose my three favourite (2,4 and 6) and then developed them further, below I used black Biro pen.


2. I drew a picture of Rihanna as the image that will fill the front cover. 
4. 3D 'talk that talk' typography that will fill most of the front cover. I decided I didn't like this idea as it it quite boring and there is not much you can do with it.
6. The initial idea reminded me of shards of glass so I decided to draw a smashed glass effect. I also added in the letter 'R' to the hole.

My favourite idea is the smashed glass effect as it is the most abstract, gives a powerful effect and has the most potential for developing further.

I developed the initial idea by using one of the collage techniques from the AS-A2 project. I cut out different sized triangles from magazines in different colours and textures and I cut out the letter R for Rihanna to put in the centre.

I think this idea looks stylish and bold but I wouldn't want to use it for my final piece as it is a bit to simple and easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment