Tuesday 16 October 2012

Jeff Zoet Analysis



The designer of the work is Jeff Zoet, born in 1977 in Pennsylvania, United States. He is a freelance artist who works in motion graphics, digital cinema and as an editor and photographer. I chose to analyse this piece as I would like to use a similar technique for my album artwork. 
It is a portrait photograph. I am unsure of theme theme of this work as there is not much to give it away but it could possibly be people or feelings/emotions. 
A digital camera was used to take the background photograph and then another layers is added on top and edited on the computer using Photoshop or something similar. He used dark colours in the background so the face of the girls stands out. He also made all of the image slightly out of focus apart from the girls eye that shows through the hole in the glass. 
I chose to look at this design as I want to use a smashed glass effect for my album artwork and this inspires me to develop my idea by trying to add different layers or images behind the glass layer. It reminds me of the smashed glass effect tutorial on YouTube as it has been made using a similar technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment