Wednesday 3 October 2012

Mock packaging

These are my mock packaging pieces, I chose my favourite CD packaging idea that I wanted to develop and then had to try and figure out how the net of the packaging would look/work, by making it.


This is a very basic idea that has three fold out sections and one main side where the CD could be held. I didn't like this idea as it is too boring and simple.


This is part of my CD packaging idea, it is the cover which could slide over the box that holds the CD or where the CD could slide into. The extra flap/page on the front allows more room for information to be held on.


Here I have created two draws which slot into the CD cover, I like the general idea of having draws that slot into the case but it still needs more development as this idea wouldn't hold the product securely.



Next I developed the draws into two more secure pieces, one that the CD can slide into and one that the booklet will slide into. They both have enough area to hold the products in place but also have part of the product exposed so the customer can see it and be able to remove it easily. 



My final problem was that I wanted the two slide in compartments to slide out together at the same time. For example if one side is pulled out, the other will slide out with it. The images above show an idea that I tried out, with the two compartments being attached on one piece of paper. This idea didn't work very well, as it only allowed the sides to slide out together but they then couldn't be slid back in.


No comments:

Post a Comment